Does your business meet the following criteria?
- Minimum two years actively in business (i.e. trading)
- Minimum two full time employees (can include business owners)
- Turnover of at least R1-m in last financial year
- Evidence that you have a financial management system in place
If yes, than the government initiative called National Gazelles may just be the opportunity you need to take your business to the next level.
The National Gazelles is a national SME growth accelerator funded by Seda and the Department of Small Business Development. Currently in a three-year pilot, the programme aims to identify and support SMEs with growth potential across 10 priority industry sectors aligned with the National development Plan and Seda’s SME strategy. SMEs are identified through an annual call for applications, with selection done independently by private and public sector partners.
The programme aims to assist each business to operate as closely as possible to its maximum potential. Growth acceleration support is guided by a detailed business diagnostic and growth strategy, and includes a R1-million growth grant for equipment and capacity-building, facilitated access to finance, productivity and business advice, business skills development and more.
Become involved in this programme in three ways:
- Apply to become a Gazelle
- Nominate a company
- Join the mailing list if you will be eligible in the future.