The SiMODiSA VentureTrain is a unique networking and brainstorming event on the Shosholoza Meyl Premier Classe Train to gather a targeted selection of entrepreneurs, funders and thought leaders in one space to share experiences and debate relevant challenges in the South African entrepreneurship ecosystem with the aim to advance/ improve it.
Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) is the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators, who launch start-ups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare. This year’s GEW will take place from the 14th – 20th November 2016, and SiMODiSA together with its partners will be hosting a GEW #VENTURETRAIN which will feature a FINTECH theme.
Shosholoza Meyl Premier Classe
Leaving Jozi (Park Station) Thurs 17 Nov 10:30am, Arriving Cape Town Station Fri 18 Nov 12pm.
Note: Sleeper-Cabins are Twin so most people will need to share / team up with another.
The Agenda discussions will include the following:
– FinTech in the global and local context:
– Keynote Address by of one of South Africa’s FinTech pioneers
– Opportunities and Challenges currently in the Fintech industry
– FinTech Thought Leadership panel
– Funding Fintech in South Africa
– A cocktail function will be hosted on Friday evening with SiliconCape Fintech funders, entrepreneurs and support providers (Seperate Costing)
Who should attend?
– Fintech entrepreneurs
– Local Fintech pioneers
– FinTech Funders
– FinTech Thought Leaders and Experts
– Media & Partners